Saturday 27 April 2013

CBBA - LA PAZ - RURRENABAQUE

“Alice came to a fork in the road. 'Which road do I take?' she asked.'Where do you want to go?' responded the Cheshire Cat.


At the airport in El Alto, just outside La Paz, having breakfast and checking emails. We left CBBA yesterday morning, to take a bus to La Paz. It was a great example of "hora Boliviana", Bolivian time conception, as we arrived at the bus station at 8:40 and managed to catch a bus leaving at 8. After a sweaty 8 hour ride without air-conditioner in the blazing sun, we reached La Paz. 

"Malmö, go fuck yourself" my travel partner said as we woke up this morning. Malmö with its maximum altitude of what, 4 metres?, has nothing on La Paz with its 3650 metres and stunning views. It is not flat anywhere, and the landscape somehow reminds me of the moon. When we arrived we met up with my friend, the crazy painter Gabriel, who took us to his little flat in Alto Obrajes where we stayed the night. And now, we already left again - we are heading to the jungle!! 

Sadly, I have a headache from the altitude here, but that just makes us even more eager to head down to the Yungas. I wanted to go there the first time I was in Bolivia, over two years ago, but it was rain season and thus flooded. So now, finally I will get there! I want to couchsurf, breathe fresh air and see animals...

Bring me cuteness!

No comments:

Post a Comment