Wednesday 12 November 2014

I need a visit to Vienna

Liebe Österreich,

I would like to thank you for being so kind to my dad and sister who came all the way to Vienna this past weekend. You showed your best side (culture and beauty) and your true side (gray slight rain). As my dad said on the metro before we diverged - you can tell that it's been a long time since we met because we've been interrupting each other all the time...

One of the benefits in Vienna is that you really have a lot to show your guests. My sister and I got our clothes impregnated by smoke in some cozy bars on the Friday before my dad arrived, and then we spent all of Saturday and Sunday exploring the treasures. It was fun to realise how extremely well we actually do this - but I guess ~15 years of getting to know the world together has shaped our travel style after each other. We know each other better than anyone else, and this is what we do best.

It was such an energy boost, to be with people who know me, that I don't have to explain things to. That I can speak Swedish to, even though my dad found it funny that I use direct English translations ("ha en öl") and my sister mixes with Norwegian words, as she's been living in Norway for a while now. To feel excited and making an effort, wanting to make sure they had a good time, but convinced that I would succeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment